Standing Up For Israel’s Farmers
The Israel Longhorn Project is an educational and cattle crossbreeding improvement project helping Israel. Israel needs desert cattle that fit its desert environment; that breed of cattle is Texas longhorn.
- Longhorns can eat invasive shrubs and cacti (decreasing fire hazards)
- Longhorns have higher reproduction rates and very low loss rates
- Longhorns have excellent calving and mothering abilities
- Longhorns solve the problem of rising feed costs
- Longhorns protect their calves from predators
- Longhorns are highly resistant to diseases