Standing Up For Israel’s Farmers
The Israel Longhorn Project is an educational and cattle crossbreeding improvement project helping Israel, East Africa and if possible Jordan. Israel needs desert cattle that fit its desert environment; that breed of cattle is Texas longhorn.
- Longhorns can eat invasive shrubs and cacti (decreasing fire hazards)
- Longhorns have higher reproduction rates and very low loss rates
- Longhorns have excellent calving and mothering abilities
- Longhorns solve the problem of rising feed costs
- Longhorns protect their calves from predators
- Longhorns are highly resistant to diseases